• "Accessibility in Public Accommodations". 581: Readily Achievable Checklist. ADA Compliance Guide, USA, Thompson Publishing Group, December 1991. pp. 113-119.
• Adaptive Environments Center, Inc., Access Boston. Boston Redevelopment Authority, 1990. 42 pages.
• Adaptive Environments Center, Inc. and Barrier Free Environments, Inc., "The Americans with Disabilities Act Checklist for Readibly Achievable Barrier Removal." USA, 31 March 1992. 12 pages.
• American National Standards Institute. American National Standard for Buildings and Facilities: Providing Accessibility and Usability for Physically Handicapped People. New York, 1986. 84 pages.
• Beckman, Mats. Building for Everyone. Stockholm, Ministry of Housing and Physical Planning, 1976. 108 pages.
• The Canadian Paraplegic Association, Manitoba Division. Access: A Guide for Architects and Designers. Second Edition, Manitoba, Canada, the Canadian Paraplegic Association, Manitoba Division, 1989.
• Central Coordinating Committee for the Promotion of Accessibility for the Disabled (CCPT). Accessibility of Buildings and the Outdoor Environment. Delft, Dutch Standard Institute, 1988. 67 pages.
• Dansk Ingeniшrforning (Danish Engineering Association) Planning of Open Spaces as regards Access for Disabled People. Translated by Eva Eriksen, Copenhagen, Forlag Normstyrelsen Publicationer, 1984. 51 pages.
• Denmark. Ministry of Housing, Circular No.49 of 23 MARCH 1972. 6 pages.
• Goldsmith, Selwyn, Designing for the Disabled. Third Edition. London, RIBA Publications Ltd, 1976. 525 pages.
• Grosbois, Louis- Pierre. Handicap Physique et Construction. Third Edition. Paris: Le Moniteur, 1991. 327 pages.
• The Housing Committee for the Handicapped (NKB). "Accessibility of Buildings to Handicapped Persons: Guidlines for Nordic Building Regulation" (preliminary draft). Copenhagen, 1973. 14 pages.
• _____. "Bathrooms and Toilets for Everybody". Copenhagen, 1974. 5 pages.
• _____. "Dwelling for Everybody". Copenhagen, 1974. 5 pages.
• Netherlands. Ministry of Transport and Public Works. Manual Traffic Provisions for people with a Handicap. The Hague, 1986. 138 pages.
• Park, Sharon C. and Thomas C Jester "Strategies for Making Historic Properties Accessible to Persons with Disabilities". United States National Park Service, Preservation Assistance Division. 6 pages.
• The Swedish International Development Authority (SIDA) in collaboration with the United Nations and Habitat. Designing with Care: A guide to Adaptation of the built Environment for Disabled People. United Nations, International year of Disabled Persons (IYDP) 1981. 102 pages.
• The Research & Training Center of Independent Living. Guidelines for Reporting and Writing About People With Disabilities. Third Edition. Lawrence, Kansas, USA, 1990. 4 pages.
This manual has been prepared by SOLIDERE in collaboration with ESCWA and with the approval of the Ministry of Social Affairs and the National Committee for the Disabled.
|Research and text preparation
||Khaled Al-Azhari ISMAIL AL-TAWIL
||Orestes Plasencia (ESCWA)
||Saudi Arabia Research Institute (SARI)
||The Communications Division- SOLIDERE